Mr. Sandile Sentwa
Chief Financial Officer
Mr Sandile Sentwa is the newly appointed Chief Financial Officer (CFO) with effect from 1st April 2022. Mr Sentwa is a seasoned financial strategist with over 20 years of experience. His vast and extensive experience includes working as the Chief Financial Officer for two prominent government entity’s such as AB350 (Pty) Ltd and ECDC. He also spent some time in Uganda (Kampala) as the Head of Finance for Engen Petroleum and at Eskom as the Head of Financial Planning & Performance Management. He has extensive experience in government regulatory environment which includes PFMA, Treasury regulations, Medium Term Expenditure Framework [MTEF]; presented in Portfolio committees. He is highly motivated and results-driven professional with sound academic background and excellent experience in, Economic & Developmental Finance, Strategic planning & implementation, Asset and Property Management [R1,2 billion]; Trade and Investment promotion, SMME and Cooperative support, Managing Jobs Fund, Automotive Industrial Development, and international exposure in Risk Management & Business Development. Adaptable and flexible team player who enjoys a challenging environment.
Mr Sentwa has completed his course work in MBA AT Rhodes University, and he is busy with research. He also holds BCom Honours Degree, Bachelor of Accounting Sciences, Certificate in Theory of Accounting, and has passed CA Board Exams (Part 1, SAICA).
He is responsible for the Finance Department and the objective as well as key performance areas of his department are as follows.
Objectives of the department:
- Promote sound financial management in the agency.
- Co-ordinate and manage the agency’s budget processes.
- Identify, assess risks and implement corrective measures to enhance accountability.
- Reduce auditor general queries towards clean audit report.
- Provide support to all departments and enterprises.
Departmental key performance areas:
- Preparing budgets and monitoring there-of.
- Preparing and submitting monthly management accounts and reports within 7 days after the end of every month.
- Prepare and submit annual financial statements to Auditor General by 31 August each year.
- Management of assets and maintenance of fixed asset register. Physical verification and updating of the fixed asset register.
- Timeous procurement of required capital and current goods and services in line with procurement plans and demonstrate effectiveness and value for money and reduce noncompliance.
Managers assisting in the department:-
Manager: Financial Reporting, revenue and expenditure management
- Budget planning and control.
- Expenditure management
- Revenue management
- Taxation etc
Manager: Supply Chain Management
- Demand and logistics management
- Acquisition management
- Contracts and performance management
Manager: Asset Management:
- Compilation and updating of Asset Register.
- Tracking and management of assets.
- Management of asset losses and asset disposals.