Ms. Unathi Nosiphe Mkize
a) SEC Chairperson
b) ARC Member
c) Non-Executive Director
Ms Unathi Mkize is a qualified Attorney registered with Law Society South Africa. She holds a LLB and B. Juris as some of her qualifications.
Her Areas of Practice are as follows:
- Commercial: Draft and vetting of contracts (Concessions, Long Lease, Joint Ventures, Sale of Business, Security Agreements, Suretyship Agreement, Cessions, Partnerships, Community Agreements, Project Management Agreement, Take Off Agreement, Mechanisation Contracts; Shareholder Compact, Loan Subordination Concessions Agreements;
- Company Registrations, Co-operatives & Pursuant Agreements
- Corporate Governance: Board Secretariat
- Public Sector Advisory: Policy Reviewing and Drafting, Procurement and related High Court Litigation
- Environmental Law
- Regulatory Compliance: Legal Compliance Audits; Legal Due Diligence; Forensic Investigations; Labour Dispute Resolutions
Her career brief is as follows:
1997 Articles of Clerkship Butterworth Mlonzi & Co. Attroneys
1992 Admitted as an Attorney of the High Court of South Africa
2000/02 Practiced as Professional Attorney in East London, Mlonzi & Co Attorneys
2002 Head of Family Law Unit, Rhodes Legal Aid Clinic, responsible for amongst other things coordinating the Domestic Violence project, Co-ordinating workshops and training of Para-legals;
Instructing and guiding final year LLB students on Legal Practice.
Writing legal articles for Legal Column of Grocott’s Mail, Grahamstown.
2003/06 Road Accident Fund – assessing and quantity claims.
2006 Established Mcwango Mkize & Co. Attorneys
2010 Appointed as member of Audit Committee Port St John’s Municipality
2012 Seconded to ECDC as an in house Legal Services Manager