Mr Sitembele Mase
a) Chairperson of the Board
Sitembele Mase brings diverse skills and experience in Development Finance, Corporate Finance, Business Strategy, Organisational Change and Transformation, Business Analysist; Business Process Re-engineering (BPR). He possesses Bachelor of Commerce (B. Com), Honours degree in commerce (Hons, B. Com), Master in Business Leadership (MBL) and Post grad Certificate in Investment and Portfolio Analysis with further training from UK (London Guildhall University), USA (Colorado University, Bolder). He has a track record of more than 39 years of hands-on experience
- 2015 to date Chairman of the Board of Ntinga O.R. Tambo Development Agency SOC ∙ Tasked to Advise and Support the Work of The Eastern Cape Planning Commission which is overseeing the implementation of Provincial Development Plan (PDP), a provincial version of NDP vision 2030 ∙
- Appointed by the Hon Premier of the Eastern Cape in 2015 and the Minister of Water & Sanitation to advise on the appointment of Water Services Boards Lesotho Highlands Water (TCTA) Amatola Water Board, Lepille Water Board
- 2010 to 2014 Chief Executive Officer of the Eastern Cape Development Corporation (ECDC)
- 2006 to 2010 Chief Executive Officer, the South African Micro Apex Fund (SAMAF)
- 2003 to 2006: Executive Director at NURCHA also a Non-executive in some of its subsidiaries and associate companies until 2006. Responsible for transformation, change and repositioning of NURCHA as leading public entity. Successfully implemented policy changes and directives of fmr Minister(s) of Housing Ms Tembi Mahanyele and Dr Lindiwe Sisulu in shaping housing for low to middle income housing South Africans. Successfully restructured NURCHA balance sheet to the tune of half a billion, by 2006.
- 1999 to 2003: Appointed Chairman of the board of MDA (Mineworker Development Agency) in the Eastern Cape chapter and also chaired MDA subsidiary RUTEC (Rural Technology Company).
- 1998 to 2001: Appointed on the board of Karabo Finance, a development finance entity for people with disabilities (DPSA)
- 1998: appointed as a Trustee in an organization of people with disabilities MODE serving under the its patron, Former president Thabo Mbeki.